Interval International - how could you even offer this property?
First, the only positive comment I have is the front desk staff is very friendly and hospitable. We exchanged one of our Marriott weeks for this property so our expectations were for a comparable value. Interval International offered this property and I will be following up with them.
Rooms are dark and dated. Actually everything on the property was dark, and creepy. The majority of their units are townhouse style with 2 bathrooms both on the upper floor, so you have to climb the stairs each time you have to use it. The front desk staff was very accommodating and had an early checkout on a one floor unit which they made available to us. After taking the room, I might guess why the previous guests checked out.
Was warned that the room we were assigned had a critter that visited the balcony each morning. They said they believed one of the guests had fed it carrots, so it kept returning! I was expecting a lizard, gecko type of critter. I opened the drapes first morning and found out what the front desk meant by critter. Spouse took a quick photo and drapes remained closed for the remainder of the morning. Next day, we found said critter on the patio again only this time he had his face up to the door looking in probably wondering where his carrots were. This scared the *** out of me and the drapes remained closed for the rest of our stay. As we walked to the pool area, my husband saw another larger version of our balcony critter but didn't point him out to me knowing I would faint. Also, warned that you don't hang out near the smaller pool after dark due to raccoons that like to take it over and scrounge for food.
Rather than providing bars of soap, shampoos, etc they had dispensers on the walls in both shower and bathroom sinks. Hadn't seen these since my college days in the dorms! Pool towels were small, and looked like they had been provided by a hospital equipment company. All linens, towels, etc were poor quality, stained or old.
The resort itself was located on the opposite side of the island from Duval Street where most of the island activities, restaurants and shopping are located, hence you had to drive to that area. Once there the parking situation was dismal. We ended up parking in a lot about 3 blocks from Duval for an outrageous cost of $30.00 for the evening. After several evenings that can add up!
We couldn't handle the critters, the dark and old property, and the parking cost to have dinner each evening so we checked out early. If you like old, worn properties and don't mind a creepy huge iguana on your balcony every morning you might like this place. I know I won't return!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Exchange Options
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "Horrible experience. I rented a vacation rental called Pea Princess from Beachwalk Properties. Upon first entry if the house it smelled strongly of chemicals like bug spray which gave..."
- "WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "It looks that they have no ideas how the Internet Business are regulated and they do not have a refund policy and no phone number to call; these against Internet..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."