Interval International - how could you even offer this property?
First, the only positive comment I have is the front desk staff is very friendly and hospitable. We exchanged one of our Marriott weeks for this property so our expectations were for a comparable value. Interval International offered this property and I will be following up with them.
Rooms are dark and dated. Actually everything on the property was dark, and creepy. The majority of their units are townhouse style with 2 bathrooms both on the upper floor, so you have to climb the stairs each time you have to use it. The front desk staff was very accommodating and had an early checkout on a one floor unit which they made available to us. After taking the room, I might guess why the previous guests checked out.
Was warned that the room we were assigned had a critter that visited the balcony each morning. They said they believed one of the guests had fed it carrots, so it kept returning! I was expecting a lizard, gecko type of critter. I opened the drapes first morning and found out what the front desk meant by critter. Spouse took a quick photo and drapes remained closed for the remainder of the morning. Next day, we found said critter on the patio again only this time he had his face up to the door looking in probably wondering where his carrots were. This scared the *** out of me and the drapes remained closed for the rest of our stay. As we walked to the pool area, my husband saw another larger version of our balcony critter but didn't point him out to me knowing I would faint. Also, warned that you don't hang out near the smaller pool after dark due to raccoons that like to take it over and scrounge for food.
Rather than providing bars of soap, shampoos, etc they had dispensers on the walls in both shower and bathroom sinks. Hadn't seen these since my college days in the dorms! Pool towels were small, and looked like they had been provided by a hospital equipment company. All linens, towels, etc were poor quality, stained or old.
The resort itself was located on the opposite side of the island from Duval Street where most of the island activities, restaurants and shopping are located, hence you had to drive to that area. Once there the parking situation was dismal. We ended up parking in a lot about 3 blocks from Duval for an outrageous cost of $30.00 for the evening. After several evenings that can add up!
We couldn't handle the critters, the dark and old property, and the parking cost to have dinner each evening so we checked out early. If you like old, worn properties and don't mind a creepy huge iguana on your balcony every morning you might like this place. I know I won't return!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Exchange Options
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date November 13, 2014 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "We are platinum members of Interval International. We had a deposit that we needed to use before July and a planned vacation to Nova Scotia. We used our exchange for..."
- "On July 3, 2015 I paid this company 2400.00 to stay at a property at Avianni homes house # 134 viola dr Davenport Fl. I call them several times to..."
- "I bought a dress to wear to my daughters wedding. The sleeve was sewn shut and the lace along the neckline was frayed. They would not refund..."
- "It looks that they have no ideas how the Internet Business are regulated and they do not have a refund policy and no phone number to call; these against Internet..."
- "I ordered the Gourmet Delights Basket for $87.99 with tax and shipping it was $100. I did not receive the basket they show as the PREMIUM for which I paid,..."
- "It is taking several weeks just to receive my exchange order. The first time I called to do the exchange I was sent a confirmation by email; however, it did..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "I purchased Conspiration Pilote Canvas sunglasses from Louis Vuitton store. After carefully wearing little more than 100 times center bar canvas leather broke and fell out. Went to..."