Interval International never has availability

Jan 11, 2009
review #144031

Interval promises you will have a place to stay for your vacation, but whnever you call they never have availability, even on 3 different places in the world!!!!!They apologize and offer you to place a request if in case of a cancellation, but it has to be 90 days in advance, and to place a complaint it's with the same woman that is talking to you that does not give a flip about your problem.

Now I am stuck with no place to book and a possible ruined surprise for my husband 50 th.

birthday.Interval International needs to acquire some ethics and stop ripping off people.

62b0a78
1.5
Had an experience with Interval International?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Timeshare racket

Mar 26, 2013

The thing i've noticed about II, and RCI for that matter, is that if you search their getaways you'll find almost any week at the resort you desire. However, if you want to do an exchange, you are SOL. Even when you log into your account, the first thing they hit you with are the getaways. Their catalogs are geared around you buying getaways.
Luckily, one of mine was a time limited week, and it expires next year. Good riddance. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of the other worthless week.

anonymous

Jan 18, 2013

you should be booking farther in advance, if you are calling them less than 90 days from when you want to go, you're an ***. these things have to be planned out. they are one of the biggest exchange companies in the world for a reason, so yes, their resorts are pretty full. you need to be calling farther ahead. too bad. that is not their fault.

Been There Done That

Sep 11, 2013 San Antonio, Texas

I am attempting to book 2 years out and there is almost nothing available. The 4 or 5 places that are available are in the cities I own in and regularly visit. Also, during the time when everything is off season and you don't get a chance to experience very much.

FRUSTRATED

Jun 23

ANONYMOUS MEANS REP FOR COMPANY

Jane

Nov 17, 2012

We own two deeded weeks at two different resorts in Orlando, that we would be glad to give away if someone will just pay the cost associated with transferring the deeds and the maintenance fees owed to each resort. Any takers? We originally bought at each place to use the exchange capabilities. Our kids are grown and we haven't used our weeks in several years. Both resorts are really nice if you don't mind traveling to them year after year. As far as exchanging, it's too much work for me and kind spoils the fun of trying to take a vacation!

Michelle

Sep 19, 2012

I really haven't had any problems booking with II (as long as I plan several months in advance) and call in to make a request. My issue is the short stay exchanges. I haven't been able to get that to work.

Does anyone know what the promo code is to upgrade the membership? I know I had one mailed but wasn't ready to upgrade and I can't find it.

Lynne Garnett

Feb 22, 2012

I agree!!!!
Get me out of Timeshare.
There is NEVER any availability, but (as commented by others) lots of Getaways....we have already paid over the odds for Management fees, II membership. Why do we want to pay more. No one has really convinced me how this works.

Elle

Feb 18, 2012

I belong to I.I. too[since 83 so I know alot about using the systme] and have recently had high pressure put on me to convert to the point system. We have 1 week/deeded property in Kissimmee. Here's my take on why we are all having so many problems getting trades. When others are on the point system they have multiple weeks and begin to "suck up" our availability. As more and more get on the points system the rest of us will find less and less we can trade for. Just a thought!!!!

Happy Exchanges!!!

Jan 13, 2012

Interval International is an Exchange Company. Everyone here seems to think they have hotels just sitting there. well guess what. If you bought a week in October and now want to trade for a Red week New Years week then you have to work at placing a request. Interval has to rely on members depositing their weeks to be able to confirm you. Once weeks are deposited in the system they are matched to members that have been on a waitlist for a year or more. Calling in will never get you instant gratification and if you are not willing to place a request then Exchanging is not for you.

Andrew

Sep 18, 2011

I find these comments unbeleivable. We have always gotten into resorts of our choice within the Marriott chain but we are flexible with dates. II are generally useless, yes I agree but you need to work it. Thank fully you all buy in Hawaii and never stay so there is availability. This whole thing works for my family and we have some great holidays. Off to Hawaii again this week.

PJ

Aug 10, 2011

I purchased ocean front on Maui with the sales pitch that I would have premium trading power (Marriott Maui). I can't trade anywhere without several years planning and they only allow for two years ahead. My home base is unbelievably expensive and now I wish I would have purchased a slum condo in Mexico. Share on Interval and Marriott for not adhering to the promises they make. Forget the Interval International Platinum upgrade; once you pay you find out there are numerous restrictions and it also is pretty much worthless. It appears that neither company is willing to return to a higher standard of operation so I suggest going to Redweek if you want to rent a unit or lease out your unit. I've had much better success than with either Marriott or Interval.

Tony

Aug 10, 2011

We went to a presentation yesterday. I refused to buy that day, and the salesman got PO'd.
I told him there was a problem- they sell 52 shares, you supposedly get two weeks vacation per year. They should only sell 26 shares! That's a .50 availability! They told me I wasn't understanding, but I said the math does not add up.
Thank you for confirming my concerns.

aloo

Apr 13, 2011

Ridiculous situation. Can never get into where you want to, when you want to. Even with the greatest flexibility, it is still too hard.

We went to Europe a couple of years ago. Right at the start of our planning, 18 months out, I started looking for a week, SOMEWHERE in Europe within a 4 week period....hmm. We were given one option in the end - Tenerife. There was construction works going on the whole time. Not really our choice of destination.

JM

Apr 13, 2011

:roll I agree with a lot of these comments. It's ridiculous work trying to get availability, easier to buy elsewhere when you can get what you want, when you want. Sadly, my membership is going to waste...
Any ideas on how to sell?

Lisa

Apr 12, 2011

:x :( :(
I have had it with interval international. I have been a gold member since 1993! We own 2 timeshares on in Tahoe one in the caribean. Last year I traded in both timeshare both are gold and both are 2beds/2baths places for back to back weeks in Mexico. Was told no 2 beds/2baths were avail but they have 1bed/1bath places back to back weeks so book them and they would keep looking. So I did, bought airfare for 4 people and would call every three weeks, a week before we were going I called the guy again and someone else answered, said nope you are confirmed and nothing we could do. I asked to speak to supervisor, they called me back in 3 days, the day before we were leaving! So we went on our trip I was pretty pissed! So again in Jan we decided another trip for April to las Vegas. I put in the request again and again told nothing avail. So I waited again calling every three weeks. We are planning leaving the 16th of April! So I call last Monday told nothing yet. I then called again last week April 8th and they said they cancelled me because they said I don't own in Tahoe! WHAT!!!!!! She got snotty with me said to call my make believe timeshare and complain to them! So I call the home resort very nice said we have NO idea what you are talking about! So they transfer me to
... Show more

Liz

Feb 27, 2011

This actually makes me feel a lot better. I thought we were the only ones. Ten years ago, we bought what we were told was a very desireable ts. For some reason, the only place we are ever able to find availability in (through II) is Orlando. I am sick of Orlando! I can't even get into the resorts I want in Orlando.
Some guy has a book that suposedly has secrets behind how the exchanges REALLY work. I wonder if that is for real,...or just a scam?

mr

Feb 04, 2011

I have just spent two hours on line within II and as never before found no available weeks for trade. What have they done with all the weeks deposited? Have they just became another travel company only offerring Getaways? I am sorry that my
membership is for another year yet. They are not providing the service that I signed up for.

Carol Austin

Jan 24, 2011

We have given a year's notice for a week in Venice for the 1st week of June 2011 - still no luck. We are becoming rather worried , as we also didn't get Edinburgh last year [admittedly only gave six months notice for that ] I keep receiving emails from I.I. telling me about all the wonderful Getaways - we just want to use our points!

Marriott timeshare owner

Dec 31, 2010

Interval International's business model has little transparency and since they control all the information, your asset, and the inventory allocation, it is in their interest to not allow you the timeshare owner any insight into how they are allocating your own property. Basically they get you to pay them fees, get to control your asset to their own financial benefit, and there is no specific performance accountability.

If you want insight into what is going on, read Interval's annual report - their business model is all about the fees - no where do they mention anything about delivering any real value to the consumer for receiving all those fees.

What is more absurd is that Marriott requires its timeshare owners must use Interval for trades to other Marriott properties. Forcing Marriott owners to pay annual II membership fees and trading fees in addition to the fees we pay our home resort when we get lesser trade options, inferior property choices (most of the time not even Marriott) at less desirable locales is a disgrace and financially insulting to Marriott owners. Interval is required to give Marriott owners priority at other Marriott properties through Interval and rarely if ever has that happened. A Marriott Hawaii beachfront timeshare owner who paid upwards of $40,000 to own a Platinum week, who also pays Marriott around $2,000 per year in maintenance fees should be able to book a Marriott Platinum ski week without issue! Interval is
... Show more

Rick

Nov 18, 2010

Does anybody even buy timeshares anymore? There's one born every minute!

Showing 1-20 of 27 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Interval International.
Filing a new complaint about
×